Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I think I am liking Fred Thompson


I have been dismayed over the lack luster conservatism of this current administration and I have been nearly despondent about the cast of mediorce characters claiming to be republicans. Then along came Fred. He is an unapologetic conservative and I am happy.

You can get a good idea how Thompson thinks by reading his rebuttal to a piece by Ramesh Ponnuru in National Review titled “Thompson’s Tort Trouble”.

Besides that, I like him in Law and Order. And ontop that...the potential first lady...well...

2 comments:

Leo said...

Not sure what I think of Fred as of yet. The column was fine. Each candidate has atleast one quality that I like. Rudy - leadership, law and order (public anyway) McCain - foreign policy, Brownback - moral positions, etc...

Don't know much about his wife but I am sure it will all come out in the press.

Dawn said...

I'm with Leo. I'm not quite sure what I think just yet. On the surface, I like his no-nonsense, logical approach to things. I look forward to learning more about him once he announces his candidacy.