Monday, May 14, 2007

The So Called "Fairness Doctrine"

It may come to a shock to some to learn that I lean to the right on the political spectrum. And I always am delighted to point out the hypocracy of the left. For example, this Fairness Doctrine that is being re-considered. Talk about disregarding the Constitution. Isn't that the complaint of Bush's foes?

Let me think...which amendment would the Fairness Doctrine trample on??? Oh..the First amendment. Hmmm..to me...since it is first....the forefathers must have thought it was a tad important. Of course language can sometimes be unclear, so I can see how the Dems might need ...wait...I just read it...it seems pretty darn clear to me...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Shall make no law...yeah..that is subject to interpretation.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Things are so backward today and the "Fairness" Doctrine (and its possible resurrection) is just proof!

Leo said...

I have my doubts too about the restoration of the fairness doctrine. It is one thing for the government to controls its own organs such as PBS but quite another to control independents such as CBS, Fox et.al At some point people have to use discernment to realize that information is slanted to the view of the speaker and it is the duty of each of us to seek truth.