Monday, January 21, 2008

All Creatures Great and Small




I look at this cat and my heart wants him. My daughter sees him and she is instantly in love. Why? It is a defected feline. Crippled. Not perfect. Yet Em's heart and my heart are completely captured.

It is not because we feel sorry for the cat. Emily told me that Charlie seems more loving, more affectionate than a "normal" cat. She sees the cat, not for what he might lack in coordination, but what attributes he has that are unique to him. Perhaps he sees his "brokeness" (ok..I am reading more into a cat than what he thinks) and appreciates more.

My next thought was when our Heavenly Father sees our brokeness his heart does not close. Instead, it opens right up and he wants to draw us near. This is because he sees us not as we are, but as he has created us. I sometimes have to remember this, otherwise I can really get down on myself. I have to remember that I am fearfully and wonderfully made!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Awwww, I'm in love with Charlie.