Saturday, December 29, 2007

Patriots: Undefeated! An exciting evening of sports...

Tonight both presented excitement coupled with a dilemma. On one hand I could watch the New England Patriots make history or I could watch the Red Wings continue on an extra-ordinary season.



On one channel I watched as the Patriots rallied from a 12-point second-half deficit and scored 22 straight points beating New York 38 to 35.



On another I watched Pavel Datsyuk score with just over four minutes remaining in the third period to break a tie and help the Detroit Red Wings to a 4-2 win over the Phoenix Coyotes.



On one channel I witnessed the first NFL team to finish the regular season 16-0. They're the first undefeated team since the 1972 Miami Dolphins. The 1934 and 1942 Chicago Bears also finished undefeated in the regular season.



On the other I am witnessing the Red Wings probably have the best season ever.

It was a great night of sports!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must confess I was hoping the Giants would knock off the Pats, but that's just my poverty spirit coming through.

My brother in law tells me that I have a poverty spirit because I like/want people on the top to lose. It wasn't that I was going for the Giants as much as I was hoping the Pats would lose.

I need to work on that. :-)

But it was an amazing game and I can't wait until the Playoffs.